Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Issues at Id...(lol)


"How cool is this??"



I wrote a poem today that made think I have issues. As a bard, poet, writer and self-professed griot this type of self-admission may seem counter-productive to [publishing] worldly thought, no? I hope not. Truth is that we are systematically empirical and narcissistic- a catalyst of sum, not the totality of time. So back to my issues, as writer and albeit aloof soul I can suggest to my Id at Super-Ego that I have issues. Yep. As a creative Supra-structure bound to this continuum of time, I can say that my issues are not concurrent gripes written in  idyllic  poetic forms but that they are laced with spit-wit and ink.

They're the ways that a 'consumeristic-ego' can genuflect before the perscriptions of cool. Being cool is not "as is", it is such a misnomer that the 'natural free-associative riff' between Id and Super-Ego become dismantled by a series of crossed wires and the grandiose acts of the self-preservationalist the kind that leave vacuous pools for the self absorbed to douse themselves in, they create these vacant watering holes where posers practise that which they have most recently surveyed. cool. What's the Ego to do? Carbon at copy can be percieved as 'environmentally' hip. But I still have issues (lol) angry am I at Super-Ego that unflappable "I be" at Id. Honestly, I can majesty into being anything I require but myself...someplace between Rakim and Eddie Brickel there is space for my issues. Does this mean I am complacent within Americana drinking latte lite with whipped-skim and two equals? Of course not, it just means I have issues, these annoying little questions that guide logic with a presence that only excellence can appreciate.

Still...

Writing like all craft, like all art, does have a mip's condition attached to the sum. The place where undulating self-adoration and self-promotion exit and the self-mastabatory diatribe and rants begin. Remember the watering holes, the troths for sloths, and Monolo sling-backs, these are the places where issues arise because they're the place where phobes hang, haters latch-on, and the biting commences. Friends in these places are about ~ends and tend to come with transcient invisible tentacles. "Thinking of a master plan with your circle of friends..." then becomes less about true objective and more about motive; it's the place where Id and Super-Ego tussle, it's the place where that girl that lived down the block, the one that you thought was cool, is really just too insecure to realize that she was stood-up...So the phone glancing begins before the grand exit. Maybe I'll write a poem about her? Maybe she's inspiration or maybe in the too cool for words paradise the pseudo-hipster that stood her up is the issue at hand and the reason for this work. Nonetheless issues create stock and when paired with an audience they create bonds, trend, and Style. So today, just for this instance, I'll have issues and I will keep them cool, pliable, and non-fake then I'll place them in a place where my inspiration might dwell. 


+JO.

No comments:

Post a Comment